InspireDance is a complete education programme for dance for Lincolnshire Primary, Secondary and Special Schools. The flexible programme aims to support schools to enhance, develop or kick start their dance offer to pupils. It is bespoke to each school’s individual requirements and can be tailored to meet their targets, needs and aims.
We focus on areas such as delivery of high quality dance sessions, and bespoke teacher training; the provision of dance resources and specialist advice; and leading workshops in a number of dance styles.
InspireDance can include
- Professional development for staff; including training in teaching dance
- High quality dance tuition; in all dance styles and to suit any curriculum or syllabus (including exam preparation)
- Performance opportunities for pupils inside and outside of school; this could include dance festivals, the county dance final; True Motion (U.Dance), Rock Challenge and links to professional dance companies
- Specialist Advise and Mentoring for developing dance within school
- Choreography for School Productions
- Access to Arts Award and/or Dance Leadership qualifications
Strategic support from Dance4 helps to connect those involved to wider opportunities with the county and the East Midlands region for children and young people, such as U.dance, Big Dance, CAT and Discover Dance. It also helps schools to increase their ArtsMark status as well as increase their in-school arts provision and cultural offer to CYP. Our On With The Dance teacher training course enables school staff members to feel more confident in delivering dance to their pupils.
During 2017 we are delivering a special DanceFit programme in certain Lincolnshire schools, using dance to promote healthy lifestyles and boost wellbeing in primary school children.
Read artsNK Dance Development Manager, Amy Dalton’s article on the importance of dance in schools on arts professional.
Watch the InspireDance video below:
If you are interested in accessing the programme or would like more information about InspireDance please contact Amy O’Sullivan, Community and Youth Dance Coordinator at artsNK on: 01529 411 197 / 07944481646 / Amy.OSullivan@litc.org.uk.